Friday, June 11, 2010

"The Underlings" Watercolor on Arches CP paper. 18 X 22

I had this idea to paint white crows with a mainly blue background and this is what I ended up with. It just began to take on a life of it's own with little people underneath the surface there.
I quite enjoyed drawing this one and found it to be a brand new direction once done. I've now plans to do larger pieces along the same theme using acrylics or mixed media. Or maybe even a canvas! That would be a new beginning as well! I've done some oil painting in the past but not for a long time now. It is quite exciting to step out of the old comfort zone and i have to say the studio is now a happier place. We had an opening tonight at the gallery and although folks are still there mingling i had to escape to the nearest MacDonalds with a Rolo McFlurry and my lap top.
The smoosching part of this business is hard for me. Wish it were not so but i'd rather make the paintings and let them speak for themselves. God bless you all and i pray you have a peaceful and blessed evening. I think i may head home now. Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. Ross, your paintings do speak for themselves! What great imagination you have. I love your whimsical villages, but I understand the excitement you feel in entering new subjects!

    I am looking forward to more paintings in this style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an imaginative concept. I love it! I can't wait to see where you take this new direction.
    A Rolo McFlurry sounds yummy. I haven't seen those down here.

    ReplyDelete