Sunday, June 21, 2009

This is another of my reflection series. The original boat was tied up at a dock in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. It is such a joy to do the water paintings as i have fun with the colors and do not stay true to the local color instead having fun with different hues and values. A strong pattern is what draws me to a piece initially as i like to spend a lot of time with the drawing phase of things. The middle part of a painting is the hardest for me when it does not look like much at all. The ending is exciting for me because with watercolors of course that is when you can go in with those beautiful darks which makes the whole piece come together. I have ideas for another water series which i cannot wait to get started on. This piece is sold. 

1 comment:

  1. This is just stunning! Glad I found your blog. I hope to visit often!

    ReplyDelete