Thursday, June 18, 2009

Painting Boats!



I loved painting boats but one day discovered there was a lot more going on in the water instead.
So i began paying attention to the reflections in the water and lowering my camera a bit.
The result was an epiphany of sorts. The reflections in the water were far more fascinating to me than the boat on the surface.   I then began to paint these reflections and the patterns i saw there.
 A series of reflection paintings emerged and i have since made several trips to the coast to replenish my supply of these types of photos. Hopefully i'll be able to post some of these paintings soon but am still working on that. Until then do take care, and may God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ross,
    Thank You so much for your kind comments. Beautiful photographs...I look forward to seeing your watercolors!
    Bella is adorable and reminds me of Gabriel. Boxer dogs are soooo expressive and bring such joy!! I will check back in to see your watercolors.........Have a great day and blessings to you!! Anni

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the first to comment here! Thank you!
    Yes, Boxers are sooooo expressive and a real joy. Our Bella loves to be cuddled and she likes to kiss you all the time. Strangers too!
    I hope to have some paintings uploaded soon.
    Until then,
    ross

    ReplyDelete