Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Lauzonville"



This commission was for a good friend and her husband. They wanted a whimsical village setting with a skating rink and also liked some penguins i had in a previous painting so the little guys are there floating downriver on the ice flows. It is my largest piece to date at 36" X 48", done on 300lb. Arches cold pressed paper. I have to admit i loved working on the large format. It was somewhat like doing several small paintings all on the same page moving back and forth from one area to another.  I saved the mountains for the end and was i nervous as i layed down those initial washes thinking this could all blow several weeks worth of work if i mess up. Oh, the joy of watercolor. But it was just such fun to do and i am very pleased with this one feeling it to be my best work to date. Now it is off to the framers. Blessings all!

12 comments:

  1. Ross,

    They should be very happy with this it's superb!! Those mountains seal the deal.
    Very,Very Nice!!

    Sincerely
    Paul Kasmir

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paul. I was most pleased with the way the mountains turned out. So much so, i am going to try another! Hope you are well and enjoying your art. Ross

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ross, this is like a wonderful gingerbread village!Your clients will be simply enchanted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Christiane! I am glad you dropped by! I see too you just returned from your vacation with many photos in hand. Can't wait to see some of your paintings now. Have fun with them. Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, well done! And congratulations on such a large scale in watercolor. I've tried it a time or two myself, and know the challenges. Keep on painting and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful painting. I like the colors. As being a synesthesian artist I live a life in colors. Synesthesia means that I see colors when I see words and numbers.I transform this in paintings of names and birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really wonderful fun images. Such strong confident colors. Looking forward to more of your work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Maria for stopping by. Thanks Artist for your comments as well.
    I did not know what synesthesia meant before. Now i know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your watercolors are lovely, Roos!

    I want to live in Lauzonville! I want to live in one of those multi-colored houses. I want the door of my house is painted green, red or yellow. I want to play in the snow after breakfast. I want to eat cookies maple. And skating under blue skies. Playing hockey with my best friends. Waving to neighbors. View snow-covered trees everywhere and the white and beautiful hills in the distance. That's what I want, Ross.

    Saudações!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ross:

    Yes, your dog is too big to be a lap dog! It is seen that is friendly and affectionate. And very happy.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! Canmore with rose colored glasses!
    (Nice to meet you Ross.. I am visiting your page via another blog.)
    Your work is wonderfully playful. Wheeee!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete