Wednesday, June 17, 2015

"Blu Street"


This is a commission piece for a young lady who wanted one similar
a while back. Sadly, her husband would not let her have it.
 A short while later she got rid of the husband
and now has a painting! :)
Husband was gone probably not because of the painting
but it's fun for me to think so.
It has been a long while
since i painted watercolours and a village.
I was very happy to do this. They are such fun.  
Watercolour on Arches 300 lb. cold pressed paper. 16" X 22" 

9 comments:

  1. Hi Ross,
    I love the story behind the painting - glad to read that the wife chose your gorgeous work over the husband. This is such a bright, happy piece!
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathryn. Yes, her story made me chuckle and one i re-tell often. Thanks for your comment! :)

      Delete
  2. That story brought joy to my heart. I was always told I couldn't have a dog and when i got rid of the husband I got a dog. The husband saw the error of his ways and we are reunited and the dog has opened his heart beyond imagination. And because of that dog, I got to me you. And now we have a painting coming from you in the near future.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol. So glad you enjoyed the story. I am working away at my list
      of commissions. Yours are nearing the top of the list. Very soon! :)

      Delete
  3. What a funny story and a gorgeous painting, Ross.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christiane. I like to tell that one to prospective art buyers. It adds to the appeal I think. :)

      Delete
  4. I just adore this painting. The more I look the more I see

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Polly. I really enjoyed painting it. :)
      Glad to hear that comes through.

      Delete
  5. A very funny post! I think this painting will make her way more happy than a husband who wouldn't let her have a piece of art by you! I agree with you totally! What fun colours and a lively neighbourhood!

    ReplyDelete